Wednesday 11 August 2010

Of the land down under..

G'day mates!

Ahhhh.. Been so long since I updated.. Anyways, For the benefit of those who still dont know (wtf??), I'm all the way at the "Land Down Under"! Yesh, been in Melbourne for over a month now..

Just a brief update on what's going on..

Studies:
I'm doing my Bachelor of Business Degree in International Business at RMIT, Melbourne!
Assignments and tests has already started as I'm now going into my 4th week here in Uni.. Have no idea how I'm gonna start those assignments but I'd better get help soon.. :O

Accommodation:
My current room is not bad and it's enough.. for survival.. Got a reasonably sized room to myself and share the other facilities like kitchen and bathroom with 4 other housemates (Though I dont see them much since they hide themselves in their rooms)..

My room

BUT, I fortunately managed to find myself a better offer from WeiNian when he offered me to move in with him and TekYit at their place! It's definitely cheaper since we'll be sharing the rent, I'd have internet (essential), and it'll be relatively nearer to Uni compared to my current room.. Downside is that I'll be sleeping in the living room (which has a bed).. Another offer came by when Marc, Happie and CheahLoong offered me to move in with them! It's really an awesome place and it's a 5-10mins walk to Uni!
price if relatively the same to what WeiNian offered but I get to sleep in a room (which mother prefers).. So now, fingers crossed that the person who's ineterested in moving into my current room is confirmed then I'll be able to move out!

Friends:
Well, I was lonely.. only for the first hour since I touched down! ngehehe.. I'd consider myself lucky for having awesome people here to accommodate me.. People like WeiNian who brought me out for my first lunch here; Lucas who let me stay over the first night I was here;

Here's sexy Lucas..

and I cant thank Ellya and Emily enough for bringing me around to meet their friends and family
(Uncle Victor and his family was also awesome!) and also awesome food! Not to mention letting me go over to their new humble abode every other day for home cooked dinner and sleepovers!

But of course nothing comes free.. :P

Uncle Victor and family

Pongteh pongteh

Yes, nothing comes free..

The amount of love I tell you.. Fuuuuish!
Managed to make new friends as well amongst my course-mates.. David, Angel, Lily, David's friend, Wesley, Kevin and many more..

So as you can see, I've been settling down just fine here.. Hoping to get a job soon though! Fingers crossed again.. :S

Friends and family back home, missing you loads..


Love,
Jem

No comments: